Friday, August 4, 2006

Camels and Straws

I know this sounds really quite tiny and petty - but the day after our Children's Hospital mental drainage, Allison got a letter in the mail for Jury Duty. On the first day of school no less.

I don't know if you've seen the Princess Bride lately, but there's a scene where the "hero" is clinging to a cliff by his fingernails after the rope he was climbing up got cut. He's making his way up the cliff, but it's slow going. My life sometimes feels like that. Everyone else gets to climb up a rope, and I'm stuck over an impossibly tall cliff holding on by my fingers. Now, in the movie, a rope gets thrown down, and the hero climbs up. In MY movie, it seems like someone at the top is flinging rotton vegetables down at me. The "mouldy tomato" of jury duty by itself is not a mortal blow - but is enough to challenge my grip.

I'm rambling. A symptom of lack of sleep.

[[Updated: August 29th - Allison got permission yesterday to be excused from Jury Duty! Our doctor rocks!]]

No comments: