Monday, April 11, 2005

Dragon Warrior

You know what the most frustrating part of this whole thing is? The feeling of being cheated.

As a father, my job is to defend my family against all the things in this world that want to hurt them. I am supposed to be the knight in shining armor standing at the drawbridge to my castle. All the bad people that want to pass have to get through me first. You want to take my kid's lunch money? You've gotta deal with me. You want to push my kid over at the playground? You'll be answering to the knight. You want to date my daughter? Not until prove to me that I should let you pass.

OK, so my armor isn't always all that shiny, and my sword looks bigger and sharper than it really is, but it's my RIGHT as a father to get the chance to defend my family - or die trying. Isn't it? Well along comes one of the worlds biggest meanest dragons to my castle, and what happens? He sneaks in the back window and attacks my son. I don't even get a chance. I would trade my life in a heartbeat to be given a fighting chance to defend Doug. But I didn't get the chance to even try. It's not fair. I feel so powerless.

No comments: