Friday, January 19, 2007

Long Time No Blog

I don't think you can really ever understand the self induced pressure that having a blog puts you under. I'll bet that 99 out of 100 people who start a blog lose interest and quit much sooner than they would ever admit to you. Worse yet, most of these people let their blog linger and die a slow death as they refuse to admit to themselves that they have failed.

I don't want to become one of them, but I must admit I'm finding this challenging. The times when I have the most "content" to publish is when I am in the midst of a struggle. That's when I'm experiencing the emotions, and living the experience. Unfortunately, that's when I have no time. Once out of the stress of the moment, I cycle into a completely drained time where I lack the energy to blog. You see where I'm going here?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that today's entry is more of a catch up of loose ends, and not to expect anything too deep here. Let's see, what has happened recently....

On the "home improvement" front
  • Main floors, baseboards, and crown mouldings are in
  • New couches arrived
  • Fireplace (!) installed (heck, it's all credit anyways)
  • Kitchen counters due in a week or two
  • TV blew up just in time for the Boxing Week sale, so we had to replace THAT too

On the "work" front

  • Everytime we have a meeting with a downtown client there is a major natural disaster that occurs. This notably includes several major windstorms knocking down 3/4 of the trees in Stanley Park, and popping BC Place. (we drove by the stadium 5 minutes after it deflated - having just joked about our natural disaster magnetism
  • Had to make a presentation "live via sattelite" to a potential client overseas - this is another stressful situation that I didn't realize I stressed out about until it was done

On the "home" front

  • Kids and Allison have all been sick. So far I've avoided it, but you KNOW I'm going to get hit hard once they're all better.
  • The foot and a half of snow that fell has NOT flooded our crawlspace, in spite of the large puddle at the end of my driveway that is working it's way up

There's much much more, but I figure I've probably bored you (and me) enough.

No comments: