Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Tale of Two Dentists

It was only a week ago I made my semi-annual trek to the dentist. I'm not a fan of going to "the gum butcher", but I go. Anyhow, the x-rays came back, and the dentist says that the "trouble spot" we were watching hasn't gone away, and I'll need a filling. Hmmm. Perhaps HE was watching a trouble spot - I was trying to think of other things! So at the end of my hour of torture, er, cleaning, I went to book my appointment. As I'm paying my bill, and booking my time, I notice something new in the office. There's a "comment box" on the counter. Only it's not just for comments. It's also for prayer requests. That's right - my dentist wants to pray for his patients! I was so shocked I forgot to fill out the request. I figured I'd do one on when I got my filling done.

Today in church, we heard about another dentist's office. This one was not as nice a story. An evil influence has come into their office, and the lives of the people working there are being systematically attacked. Like a cancer spreading through a body, all of a sudden there are several employees heading into divorces. We were asked to pray for healing, intervention, and protection for those working there. I'm seriously considering just stopping by my dentist's office to fill out a prayer request for them. I figure who better to pray for one dental office than another!

Oh - and I missed out the most mind boggling part of all of it. I got a phone call from my dentist's office shortly after my cleaning. They had "reviewed" the x-rays, and decided that a filling was not necessary, and would it be alright if they cancelled my second appointment! I have never heard of that happening to anyone else before! I was thinking that that was what I should have put in the box...

No comments: