Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Ride for Doug

I'm a classic procrastinator.

So, in an effort to hold myself accountable, I'm going to make an announcement in public so that if I fail to follow through you all can point and laugh at me.

Announcing the First Annual "Ride for Doug".

This will be an afternoon group motorcycle ride to raise awareness for Muscular Dystrophy (and to get some riding in). I meant to do this last year already, and procrastinated it right out of the riding season. So mark it down on your calendars now.[1]

I don't plan on doing the first one up as a super big deal - I've never been on a large group ride before - let alone led or organised one. I'll probably collect donations for one of the Muscular Dystrophy organisations, but I'm not looking to turn this into a big fundraising deal. It will be lucky if I can get enough time to organise a date and a route! This will be a ride for me to show Doug that I care, and to show him some of the others that care too.

So - all you fellow bikers - if you are interested in joining me, let me know. If you are gifted with time and organisational skills - let me know. If you've ever been a ride captain, sweep rider, or one of those shriners on the little teeny bikes - let me know.

[edit: I've started a new page for organizing this ride at RideForDoug.com. (There's also a link in my "Interesting Links" section.)


[1] Then tell me the date you marked down - so I can try to plan for the same date. :) (I'm likely looking at a Sunday afternoon in July)

No comments: