Monday, April 14, 2008

One for the Road

This last weekend marked yet another milestone in the life of The Little Biker. Yes, we finally have the biker's equivalent to baby's first steps.

Doug went for a ride with me. We saddled up a couple times over the weekend, and I spent several hours alternating rides between Doug and Samantha. Both of them love riding. Samantha's latest favourite part is "the freeway". Doug, he's still fairly speed limited, but his favourite parts are "the corners". I can practically feel my back getting sunburned from his radiant smile.

After his first ride, I asked him "So, how was that?". He thought about it for no more than a second or two and quipped back "Better than Thunder Mountain."[1]

And isn't that just what life is all about?


[1] http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=BigThunderMountainRailroadAttractionPage&bhcp=1

No comments: