Monday, February 19, 2007

The more things change, the more they stay the same

I thought for sure I had blogged about my battle with the squirrels last year - but I couldn't find it. It was a good story. Oh well.

It looks like I'll get to make another one. I hear the pitter-patter of little feet again the other morning. Very little feet. Above my head. I've got a squirrel (or maybe more?) in my attic again. I thought I had done a thorough job after the last eviction of screwing closed all of the possible entry points. I guess I missed one.

On the plus side, it doesn't really seem to be all that big a deal anymore. I guess if you have enough troubles in life, you start grading them on the curve. This squirrel doesn't even rate a C- (yet).

At least I've already got the ladder inside (been painting again).

Reno update:
- hole made in ceiling by plumber - repaired and re-stippled (painting required)
- paint applied
- counter installation booked for this week (need to rip out the old)
- new stove repair booked for this week

To Do:
- prime and paint dining room ceiling
- paint baseboards and crown moulding
- drywall bathroom
- paint bathroom
- repair subfloor (bathroom)
- replace flooring (bathroom)
- install shower door

Hmmm. Not a lot of this is on topic today. That happens when you don't get much sleep. Never start "just one coat of paint" at 10:00pm. (unless, of course, you LIKE finishing at 3:30am...)

No comments: