Thursday, March 8, 2007

Manna From Heaven?

How many of you have ever heard the Lord's Prayer? Growing up, we had to recite it every morning in school, right after we sang Oh Canada. (or was it right before?). I don't think they do that anymore.

Anyhow - life has been busy lately. So busy we didn't have a chance to get out and go grocery shopping. This has created some interesting meal combinations. I had a meeting downtown on Wednesday, and was looking in the pantry for breakfast. Boy were we out. We needed to get out to a grocery store soon. Looks like I'm going into my meeting on an empty stomach.

Then, what should we find at the front door? It seems the "free sample" people have been around. They left an Oatmeal To Go package, and a 1/2 sized box of Life cereal. Breakfast is served! It reminded me of the Israelites leaving Egypt, and getting fed manna every morning.

So what does that mean to me? I got to thinking. Do I rely on God enough for my daily needs? Am I too dependent on my own skills and abilities? I sometimes wonder how I will ever manage to provide for the needs of my family. There's always just one more thing that we need to do/get. Perhaps the whole point of the exercise is that I'm not supposed to manage. Maybe, just maybe, my life is getting so busy because God is deliberately letting me get overloaded so that he can finally drive it through my thick skull that I'm not the one in charge of providing. I'm merely one of the many vessels that God pours his provisions through.

I'm going to let these thoughts rattle around a bit and see what comes out.

1 comment:

Sister C said...

Wow insightful Cam. Either way looks like God is teaching you through it. I hope you went out and bought some groceries after all, or did you find more food at the door. Oh ya I love finding food at the door. Thanks for sharing